October Day Retreat
According to Ayurveda, Autumn is an excellent time to detoxify the body. The Autumn day retreat focuses on cleansing the body and restoring vitality for the Winter months ahead.
- Dates: October 1st 2016
- Time: 10-5pm
- Venue: Satmya, 3 Royal Parade, Killaloe, Co. Clare
- Food: Seasonal organic Vegetarian Lunch, Snacks & refreshments are included in your day retreat
- Sample of activities: Hatha Yoga, Pranayama, Ayurvedic Self Care rituals, Meditation & Ayurveda wellness tips
- Price: €120
- Includes: Retreat gift pack, lunch, refreshments and notes
Our day retreats teach you simple but effective Ayurvedic, Yogic & Meditation techniques to help nurture your body & mind.
Drawing on our knowledge and wisdom of the ancient traditions of Ayurveda & Yoga, you will discover techniques that will enhance your everyday life. We provide a peaceful and nurturing environment for you to restore your body and mind and reduce the stresses and strains of your daily life.
A day retreat gives you the opportunity to be more mindful and slow down.
- Learn simple effective yoga postures (the day will begin & end with Yoga)
- Discover breathing techniques (pranayama) to help calm the body & mind
- Be introduced to the basic principles of Ayurveda
- Learn about your Dosha
- Learn Ayurvedic tips & self care rituals to enhance your health during the current season
- Be shown useful Marma therapy techniques for self use
- Explore ways to calm the mind using meditation & mantra
- Enjoy healthy Ayurvedic refreshments and soothing herbal teas
- Receive handouts to take home for continued inspiration
- Enjoy a nourishing seasonal organic Ayurvedic Vegetarian Lunch
Our Day retreats are suitable if you:
- Want a relaxing day away from your busy life
- Would like to explore new ways to relax
- Need some time out
- Want to nourish your body & mind
- Are looking for a different approach to your health
True healing of any condition, means to restore the mind, body, and spirit to their naturally balanced states. -Charaka Samhita
Retreat Facilitators: Doug & Julie
Doug will introduce you to Ayurveda & give you seasonal health tips during this retreat. He will also be guiding you through meditation techniques and teaching you some mantra meditation.
Doug is the Ayurvedic practitioner & co-owner of Satmya. He first became interested in Ayurveda in 1998 during his Biology degree at the University of Denver (DU). At the time, Doug was an elite swimmer and could see the logic of this ancient system when he applied it to his own health.
In 2003, Doug relocated to Australia to pursue Ayurveda full time under the tutelage of professor Jason Chandler, a highly respected Vaidyacharya (Ayurvedic Doctor & Teacher). He studied classical Ayurveda for 4 years and upon graduation, in 2007, he returned home to set up Satmya in Killaloe.
He has a special interest in teaching and sharing his knowledge of Ayurveda.
Courses: Ayurveda for Practitioners, Kitchen Medicine, Ayurvedic Seasonal Cooking, Ayurveda Self Care, Indian Head Massage and other classes. Doug also runs Ayurveda & Yoga retreats in various locations in Ireland
Julie will be teaching you Yoga & Pranayama during the day retreat. She will focus on restorative postures & breath work.
Julie is the Yoga teacher in Satmya. She was introduced to yoga in her teens and developed a deep respect for this practice over the years. She completed a diploma in Hatha Yoga Teacher Training under Roy Griffin in YTTC Dublin. She has also completed Restorative & Sports Yoga training.
She teaches traditional Hatha Yoga asanas along with pranayama, relaxation and meditation.
Julie is also a qualified Ayurvedic therapist and holds a Diploma in Vegetarian & Vegan nutrition
“I feel so wonderfully relaxed after an extremely enjoyable and informative day. The venue, instructors and food were all fantastic. Thanks so much”. J. Bourke
“A great day” anon
“I found the day hugely nourishing and nurturing – it was exactly what I had hoped for & needed. I am leaving relaxed & confident that I have learnt a new way of living a healthier life. Thank you Doug & Julie” Ciara Participant Day Retreat
“The benefits were amazing and would definitely recommend it to anyone” —Anon
Previous day retreats have been held in Dromoland Castle & Satmya
We also run short Ayurveda courses & residential retreats